Thank you for visiting our Reaching the Heart of your Teen topic page. Whether you are brand new to GFI or looking for information on a particular topic, we trust our answers will be helpful to you. What are some of the topics covered in Adolescent Way/Reaching the Heart of Your Teen?
The most common questions asked of the Ezzos is why do teenagers rebel? Is it due to hormones, a suppressed primal desire to stake out their own domain, or a natural and predictable process of growth? To what extent do parents encourage or discourage the storm and stress of adolescence? Reaching the Heart of Your Teen looks at the many factors that make living with a teenager a blessing or a curse. It exposes the notions of secular myth and brings to light the proven how-to applications of building and maintaining healthy relationships with your teens. Whether you worry about your teen and dating or your teen and drugs, the principles in Reaching the Heart of Your Teen are appropriate and applicable for both extremes and everyone in between. They do work!
Included in this series is discussion on:
- Healthy families with teens and what makes them strong.
- Understanding teenage rebellion for what it really is.
- The diminishing role of parental authority and increasing role of parental influence the life of a teen.
- How to establish common moral ground with your teen.
- The do’s and don’ts of parent-teen communication.
- How to influence peer pressure on our children.
- How to start over with a wayward teen.
- How to truly communicate love to your teen.
- Understanding why teens don’t talk or listen.
- What methods of corrections work with teens.
- Issues related to dating and courtship, and much more.
For immediate help with a teen questions please visit the Journal Section of the Website, under the category of Teens.